We are staying abreast of coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for our communities. Click here for more information.
Hospice and Palliative Care
Caring and compassion at Southmont.
Our staff is trained to provide care and reassurance when a physician determines that a patient’s life-limiting disease calls for comfort, rather than cure. We provide hospice care for our residents who require pain or symptom management in a comfortable, compassionate setting.
The Woodwell™ program is a comprehensive program of care and supportive services for older adults facing life-limiting illnesses, available to residents of Presbyterian SeniorCare Network communities. With the expertise of Family Hospice and Palliative Care, the program helps residents – and their families – through the last phases of a life’s journey.
The Woodwell program has received national recognition from the American Hospital Association for its innovative strides in palliative and end-of-life care. Residents receive physical comfort through the medical management of symptoms and pain, complemented by massage, music, art and aroma therapies. Our specially trained team of professional nurses and specialists feels privileged to care for you or your loved one at such an intimate time along life’s journey. We want to let you know that we will carefully listen and help you find the answers you need as we walk through this difficult transition with you.
Woodwell Program Benefits
Once in the Woodwell program, residents and families receive:
- Daily visits from on-site hospice staff dedicated to the community in which the resident lives
- Support to ease the transition from treatment to comfort care to end of life
- Educational materials and disease-specific care guides
- Onsite Compassionate Caregiver Training™ to help families care for loved ones
- Counseling and support groups throughout the dying process and to help families for at least one year following death
- Empathetic caregivers who listen to requests, understand concerns and answer questions
- A personalized audio, photographic or video legacy gift to help residents preserve their life stories for family members
Presbyterian SeniorCare Network Headquarters
Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation
Bellmead Apartments: Affordable Housing
To learn more about our our services, please contact us online or call us at